In a saddening video, a fisherman pulled up a Mahi Mahi (or dolphinfish) and discovered that its stomach was full of plastic.
After getting the fish on board, the fisherman sensed something was wrong with the fish and went to cut it open. What he did not expect was the amount of trash inside the Mahi Mahi which included bottletops, a comb and a cigarette lighter.
Pollution in our oceans has increasingly become worse and majority of the world is aware of it. Hopefully, a video such as this one or the marine turtle with a straw stuck in its nostril will motivate people to stop using single use plastics and recycle.
The choking of our planet and animals will continue if more progress is not made.